Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Why Nicolas Cage is a Horrible Actor: Nouveau Shamanic

Actors are supposed to be eccentric, after all they are playing someone who is not them. I took Acting 101 two years ago and I learned nothing, however, what I discovered is that actors go to great lengths to get the part known as method acting. People like Daniel Day-Lewis and Christian Bale (although his American Accent is terrible, later blog post) have been put on the A-list because of method acting. Basically, an actor lives like the character and records every emotion they have when placed in a situation for example if an actor is playing a cop he/she then studies what a cop does on a typical day and records any emotion. During filming method actors stay in character on and off the set.

Usually these actors get critically acclaimed in every movie they star in, which is fine because they work really hard (have you seen Gangs of New York?). However, when someone becomes too overly eccentric you become overly dramatic or what I like to call "a fuckin disaster." Which brings me to Nicolas Cage, the ipitame of horrible actors. Don't get me wrong at one point Nicolas Cage was a great actor, but I think that Cher smack him so hard in "Moon Struck" that I think he forgot how to be one. Nicolas Cage studied acting for six months having role models such as Robert DeNiro and Lawrence Oliver. Eventually, he said the hell with the acting I think that I'm just going to make up my own method up called "Nouveau Shamanic." I don't even think this is a word in English, French, or Entish (Lord of the Rings) but it's just a made up excuse for being a terrible actor. If you ever watch any Nicolas Cage movie that he starred in begining with the horrid remake, "Gone in 60 Seconds"  and any movies after, here are some helpful tips to help you comprehend if your watching a bad Nicolas Cage Movie. Also, a youtube video for your thoughts:


1 comment:

  1. I agree. I would just add this: Is he not the same in every film: same person, same persona, same intonation, same gestures. WTF?! This is acting? This the nephew of a famous filmmaker and nothing more as far as I can tell.

    ReplyDelete